9 Things You Must Taste When In Texas!
Texas is known for its food. No matter whether you are visiting a friend or are here on a vacation, you need to try some of the local specialties that Texas is known for. In this post, we will talk about Texas food exclusives, especially for the food lover.
- Pecan pies. Did you know that pecan nut is the health nut of Texas? No wonder pecan pies are so popular here. Loaded with selected pecans, farm-fresh eggs and corn syrup, this is a foodie’s delight.
- Hamburgers. Did you know that the famed American hamburger actually originated here somewhere in the late 1800s? No wonder, Texans know their hamburgers right, and you can get one with your choice of meat.
- Texans know Enchiladas better than many others. Meat, veggies, cheese filled in tortillas – this is something you can enjoy for any time of the day. What’s more? you can select between a bunch of meats, as per your choice.
- Smoked ribs. Texas has been long known for their BBQ food items, and when you are here, you cannot miss the smoked ribs, cooked to perfection with BBQ sauce and secret rubs. One portion of smoked ribs is probably enough for your lunch or dinner.
- American pralines are very different than the French variants, because almonds have been replaced with pecans, which are found in plenty. Always look for good sellers, restaurants and caterers if you are ordering some.
- Texas Caviar. Did you think caviar is for the rich? Well, not the Texas Caviar! Made of peas, corn, mangoes and avocado, this is more of a healthier and cheaper variant, and not to mention, it fits any pocket.
- What’s the best thing about donuts? These taste better when warm! If you are in Texas, don’t shy away from trying some of the donuts here. Many eateries are open through the night, so there is enough for your midnight cravings.
- Fajitas are one of the gems of Tex-Mex cuisine, and you will love the whole arrangement, which includes skirt steak served with cheese, tortillas and fresh veggies. No matter what you love, this is a delight for your taste buds.
- Texas-style brisket. Did you know that Texas-style brisket is slow cooked for more than 8 hours? No wonder, most people crave to try a portion on a trip here. This is also a must for any party.
Plan your Texas vacation now!