Mumbai: The City of Grandeur
Ahmedabad is regarded as one of the best cities in India. However, you might want a break from your routine and go on a holiday. For someone who is accustomed to the city lifestyle, Mumbai can be the greatest destination for a short getaway. The financial capital, and a fashion hub, it is also the home of Bollywood. Full of romantic sights and a blinding nightlife, Mumbai sees tourists from around the world and all over the country. Without any worry for the best seasonal period, take a look at the Ahmedabad to Mumbai Flights Online schedule as the city has a lot to offer all year around.
Here are a few places you may enjoy visiting in Mumbai.
- Girgaum Chowpatty is one of the most popular attractions in Mumbai, located only a few kilometres from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus. The beach, loved by both the locals and the tourists, gives a breathtaking view of Mumbai’s skyline against the Arabian Sea. One can also find an array of fast food stalls. The seaside is famous for the yearly Ganpati celebrations, where the whole city flocks for the Visarjan of Lord Ganesha idols. It is adjoined to the 3.6km long promenade, Marine Drive, where you’ll find daily walkers with dogs on a stroll. A trip to Mumbai is only half-done if you don’t bask in the glory of its coastline!
- Gateway of India is an arch-monument that is renowned for its Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. It stands tall against the waterfront of Apollo Bunder and overlooks the Arabian Sea, where one can easily hop on for a ferry ride to the Elephanta Caves. The TajMahal Palace Hotel – a heritage five-star hotel, is located adjacent, is an added bonus to the city’s sightseeing. The combination of these two perfectly encapsulates Mumbai’s heritage.
- Film City is a studio complex situated in the heart of Mumbai which has produced innumerable Bollywood blockbusters. If you fancy experiencing the nuances of a film-shoot, there are several guided Bollywood Tours that take you to a live shoot. This tour gives you the opportunity to step right into the larger-than-life movie sets of Bollywood and watch it come to life. You will hear and might even see some of the biggest names!
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park is one for the nature lovers. This forest is a protected sanctuary, one of the largest in an urbane metropolitan. Adorned with varieties of flora and fauna, this place is also well-known for its wildlife safaris. A bus ride can take you deep into the forest to the Kanheri Caves, a set of rock-cut monuments. Sanjay Gandhi National Park is perfect for nature trails during the monsoon when the park is at its fullest bloom. From a boating trip to a cycle ride, rock climbing to a mini-train journey, the activities are endless.
- Colaba Causeway is a marketplace best known for the line of vendors selling antiques and the latest fashion pieces, and everything in-between. Take a stroll through the causeway and you’ll leave with some of the most unique trinkets at dirt cheap rates. That’s not all; this place also offers a variety boutiques that are up to the brim with vintage and exquisite artefacts. This place is also known for food. Take a detour to Leopold Cafe or Cafe Mondegar for a variety of delicacies, done up with a retro decor that sets the mood for this city.
Doesn’t Mumbai seem like a lovely place to visit? Then you must already be checking your Ahmedabad to Mumbai Flights schedule!