5 Popular Activities in Phuket
If you are thinking of spending your downtime in the tropical paradise that is Phuket Island, you have come to the right place, as we present a few must-do things in southern Thailand.
- Water Parks – The premier is the stunning Andamanda Water Park which is a great place for families; the rides are out of this world; wave machines and cool slides offer family fun. The wave pool is great for novice surfers, with swim-up bars for adults. You can find more information online about the water parks in Phuket, including opening times and ticket types.
- Boat charter – Why not pool with friends and charter a yacht for a few days? Experience the incredible Phi Phi Islands and sip cocktails as the sun goes down. The skipper knows the best snorkelling spots and if you are into fishing, there are deep-sea fishing boats you can charter. The Andaman Sea is a jewel in Southeast Asia and yacht charter makes it possible to explore the many bays and coves; kayaking is also available, with guided evening tours.
- Temple tours – Search the web for Buddhist temple tours and choose one that includes well-known temples. Thailand is 95% Buddhist and there are colourful temples all over the nation. The tour includes an English-speaking guide who gives you historical information to enrich the experience. Failing that, you could simply explore, taking local buses and looking for temples.
- Exploring the nightlife – Phuket has great nightlife, with go-go bars, discos and expat hang-out bars with live music. Patong Beach is a popular location after dark, especially during the high season, November – February. You can dance the night away and get up at midday, in time for brunch. Party-goers love Phuket and who could blame them?
- Elephant Sanctuary – The Elephant Sanctuary Park allows tourists to experience these majestic creatures in their natural habitat; here you can learn about elephants, their habits and things they enjoy. There are morning and afternoon tours; you can help when shower time comes on the banks of the river; these animals have been rescued and are now enjoying a great life in a secure natural environment.
The Internet hosts a wealth of resources about Phuket, so you can research the many activities in tropical Phuket.