7 Things You Need To See And Do In Copenhagen
As the capital of Denmark and the most visited city in Scandinavia, Copenhagen has a charm that’s hard to match. Historic, stunning, and an absolute traveler’s delight, there are many things to do and enjoy in this city. If you are coming here for the first time, we would recommend that you consider Copenhagen hotel apartments instead of hotels to experience the city better. In this post, we have listed the 7 things that you need to see and do here.
- Start with Tivoli Gardens. No matter whether you a fan of theme and amusement parks or not, Tivoli Gardens demands a visit for being one of the oldest in the world. Rollercoaster rides and carousel definitely demand your attention.
- Head to Strøget. Strøget is known as the longest pedestrian street in the world and this is a unique destination for shopaholics. You will find all of the known high-street brands her, but even the small shops are unique and have something or the other to offer.
- Take pictures around Nyhavn. Nyhavn, which translates to New Harbor in English, is a waterfront area, where you will find buildings that date back to the 17th The canal is as old and has historic boats for viewing. This was also once home to Hans Christian Andersen.
- Visit Christiansborg Palace. You cannot come to Denmark and not see the palaces and castles. Christiansborg Palace is located is Copenhagen and is anything but boring. Everything about this palace is magical.
- Make time for cycling. Did you know that Copenhagen is one of best cities to ride on a bike? Most locals like to take a ride, and there are endless lanes around. Finding companies for bike rentals in Copenhagen is easy, and you can find bikes that have added tablets for better GPS-enabled navigation.
- Don’t miss the good food. If you want to try Nordic cuisine, this is the place to be. Head to the Paper Island in the evening for some craft beers and local food, or you can take a tour of Carlsberg Brewery.
- Include the Little Mermaid on your list. On a canal tour, you can actually have a good time seeing the city, and The Little Mermaid is the most interesting and famed landmark of Copenhagen.
Rent a bike and head out to explore the charms – Copenhagen might end up surprising you in more ways than one.